The Zoom F4 propels your film’s sound to a whole new level. With 6-input/8-track recording, super-low-noise mic preamps, and time code with pinpoint accuracy, the F4 offers Hollywood sound at an indie budget.
Super-low-noise microphone preamps
The F4 is equipped with Zoom’s highest-quality mic preamps. Like the F8, the F4’s mic preamps enable pristine recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz. Its impressive audio specs include an extremely low noise floor (-127 dBu EIN) and high gain (up to 75 dB), with +4 dB line-level inputs.
TCXO Time Code
For precise audio/video syncing, the F4 utilizes a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) that generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy—a first for this price point. The F4 supports all standard drop frame and non-drop formats, and can jam sync to time code provided by external devices. Standard BNC connectors enable easy integration into any rig.
Rock-solid build and lightweight design
A compact metal chassis makes the F4 both rugged and durable, and keeps its weight down to just 2.27 pounds without batteries.
• 6-input/8-track multitrack field recorder with integrated mixer
• Input 5/6 can be used as a camera return for monitoring only.
• Compact and lightweight metal chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries)
• High-quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and +4 dB line inputs
• Accurate time code (0.2 ppm) I/O on standard BNC connectors; drop frame/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
• Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
• Phantom power (+48V/+24V) on every preamp
• High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
• Advanced onboard limiters for input and output (Read More..)
The F8 is made for serious filmmakers and sound designers. With 8-input/10-track recording, super low-noise preamps, and support for 24-bit/192 kHz audio, the F8 captures the highest-quality audio.
F8 features an extremely low noise floor (−127 dBu EIN) and high gain (up to 75 dB), with +4 dB line inputs.
F8 can record at 24-bit/192 kHz resolution and is equipped with onboard limiters designed to provide overload protection. Limiting can be applied to all 8 channels simultaneously at full resolution, with 10 dB of headroom and controls for setting threshold, attack, and release.
Time code with pinpoint accuracy
The F8’s time code is state-of-the-art. It utilizes a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) that generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy, enabling rock-solid syncing of audio and video.
The F8 supports all standard dropframe and non-drop formats, and can jam sync to time code being provided by external devices. An input and output are provided on standard BNC connectors, enabling easy integration into any rig.
• Phantom power (+24V/+48V) can be turned on and off for each preamp individually.
• Plug in any Zoom mic capsule.
• 10 tracks—8 input channels, plus a stereo mix track
• An onboard mixer with flexible routing of all inputs and outputs (pre- and post-fader)
• Can be mounted to a tripod and attached to your camera using the included mounting bracket. (Read More..)
When you’re ready to take your iOS audio to the next level, plug in a Zoom iQ7. This compact yet full-featured mid-side stereo condenser mic is perfect for capturing music as well as video with outstanding audio. With the iQ7, you can create great-sounding recordings on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch any time, any place.
The iQ7 offers advanced features that allow you to create extraordinary stereo recordings every time. A large front-facing MIC GAIN knob allows you to easily set the optimum input level, and three-segment LED level meters ensure clean, crisp sound with no signal overload.
In addition, a dedicated headphone jack—which doubles as a line output—allows you to monitor your audio during both recording and playback.
The iQ7 works with all Lightning-equipped iOS devices. It comes with an extended Lightning connector and a removable spacer for compatibility with most iPhone, iPad, and iPod cases. Leave your case on and start recording.
The iQ7’s rotating mechanism ensures correct left-right stereo orientation whether you’re creating audio-only recordings or capturing audio for your video. (Read More..)
The Zoom H2n Handy Recorder is the only portable recording device to come with five built-in microphones and four different recording modes: X/Y, Mid-Side, 2-channel surround and 4-channel surround. Other advanced features include automatic gain control and onboard MS decoding, plus effects like compression, limiting and low cut filtering. You can even use the H2n as a multi-purpose USB microphone!
Using the H2n
With its multiple microphones and recording modes, the H2n can handle just about every kind of application. Here are just a few ways it can be used:
• Live recording of concerts and rehearsals, in either stereo or surround sound
• Location videography—the H2n gives you plenty of options in postproduction
• Creating audio for YouTube videos
• Generating lasting audio documents of important events
• As a USB microphone providing input to recording software
Five microphones, four ways of recording
Zoom H2n offers not one, not two, but five built-in microphones. Two of them are arranged as an X/Y pair, while the other three are configured in an MS (“Mid-Side”) pattern. They can be used separately for X/Y or MS stereo recording, or combined to create stunning 2- or 4-channel surround sound. (Read more..)
The H4n Pro is packed with features that make it perfect for capturing audio for film. The onboard X/Y microphones deliver spectacular stereo imaging, and two combo input jacks allow you to use your favorite microphones as well. It also includes a headphone/line out jack to easily send high-definition stereo directly to your camera.
The Pro is perfect for capturing live performances. Capable of handling up to 140 dB SPL, it can record everything from ear-splitting heavy metal to bass-heavy EDM. Take a line-level* stereo feed from your mixing console and capture room ambience with the X/Y microphones to put your listeners front row center.
* +4dBu line-level is not supported.
The H4n Pro provides the essential combination of mic’ing versatility, portability, and superior audio necessary for impactful storytelling. With support for plug-in power, you can use a lavalier to mic up your subject for podcasts or interviews. Record time-stamped WAV files to sync with video footage in post-production, or embed superior audio directly on your video in real-time through a ⅛” stereo feed.
• Four-track simultaneous recording
• High-fidelity mic preamps
• Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90˚ and 120˚
• Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
• Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
• Stereo 1/8″ Mic In mini phone jack
• +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
• Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
• New rubberized and ergonomic body with improved 1.9 inch backlit LCD display
• Built-in reference speaker for fast playback (Read more..)
The H5 provides four tracks of simultaneous recording and, like our flagship H6, it can use all Zoom interchangeable input capsules, allowing you to choose the best microphone for every recording situation. The flexible and powerful H5 provides everything you need to create multitrack recordings, audio for video, and state-of-the-art podcasting, broadcasting and electronic newsgathering.
X/Y recording allows you to cover a wide area yet still capture sound sources in the center with clarity and definition, making it ideal for all types of live stereo recording. The XYH-5 X/Y microphone capsule included with the H5 provides two matched unidirectional condenser microphones set at a 90 degree angle. These are housed within an advanced shock-mount that employs rugged external mic wires and rubberized material to isolate the unit from the H5 body and thus minimize vibration and handling noise.
H5 also provides everything you need to connect with the outside world. Dual combo XLR/TRS inputs that can handle both mic- and line-level signals allow you to connect external microphones and line-level devices like mixers, portable music players, effects processors, and electronic keyboards—even electric guitars or basses equipped with active electronics.(Read More..)
Four interchangeable input capsules – X/Y, MS, Shotgun, and Dual XLR/TRS Combo – make the H6 the ultimate chameleon of the audio world, and its advanced preamps make it the best-sounding one too. Whatever your application – live recording, professional film/video work, live broadcast or electronic news gathering – the H6 can handle it with ease.
The X/Y miking technique is optimal when you want to cover a wide area and still capture sound sources in the center with clarity and definition, making it great for all types of live stereo recording.
H6 is the essential audio recorder for location videography. Its supplied MSH-6 mic capsule and onboard MS decoding, plus the ability to record up to 6 tracks simultaneously, gives you plenty of options in post-production.
• Six-track simultaneous recording
• Four mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
• Gain controls (real knobs!) and -20dB pads for each input
• Phantom power for all main inputs: +12/+24/+48V
• Large full-color LCD display, angled so it’s easy to read in all environments
• Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 128GB
• Up to 24-bit /96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
• Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions
• Multitrack to stereo internal mixdown
• Independent monitor and playback mixes
• Virtual VU meters
• Voice memo and up to 99 marks per recording (Read more..)