The Zoom F4 propels your film’s sound to a whole new level. With 6-input/8-track recording, super-low-noise mic preamps, and time code with pinpoint accuracy, the F4 offers Hollywood sound at an indie budget.
Super-low-noise microphone preamps
The F4 is equipped with Zoom’s highest-quality mic preamps. Like the F8, the F4’s mic preamps enable pristine recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz. Its impressive audio specs include an extremely low noise floor (-127 dBu EIN) and high gain (up to 75 dB), with +4 dB line-level inputs.
TCXO Time Code
For precise audio/video syncing, the F4 utilizes a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) that generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy—a first for this price point. The F4 supports all standard drop frame and non-drop formats, and can jam sync to time code provided by external devices. Standard BNC connectors enable easy integration into any rig.
Rock-solid build and lightweight design
A compact metal chassis makes the F4 both rugged and durable, and keeps its weight down to just 2.27 pounds without batteries.
• 6-input/8-track multitrack field recorder with integrated mixer
• Input 5/6 can be used as a camera return for monitoring only.
• Compact and lightweight metal chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries)
• High-quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and +4 dB line inputs
• Accurate time code (0.2 ppm) I/O on standard BNC connectors; drop frame/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
• Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
• Phantom power (+48V/+24V) on every preamp
• High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
• Advanced onboard limiters for input and output (Read More..)